Monday, November 30, 2009

Self Portrait


This picture was an experiment in the use of lighting for portraits. I had tortured my poor husband for several hours and decided to give him a break and take some self portraits. This tree is in my neighborhood and was dimly lit by a street lamp. I thought it looked like an interesting spot to take a picture. I covered myself with a blanket because I have to wear a big ugly CAM walker boot on my left leg until my ankle heals and I didn't want it in the picture. I think it gave the picture a more mysterious look. The hardest part about taking this picture was setting the timer and moving fast enough with my bum leg to get in the picture, get situated, and hold still until it finished the exposure. I'm pretty happy with the end result, so I guess good planning and knowing what you want pays off some of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment