Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cauley Square Historic Village


Cauley Square Historic Village in Goulds, FL was once the home to the workers who built Flagler's Overseas Railroad. Now it is a quaint little shopping village boasting upscale dining and a wedding area. Most of the architecture is original, which adds to the magic of Cauley Square. The photo above is of the "Wedding Place" a beautiful tropical garden paved in brick complete with Victorian street lamps and a fountain. For Christmas the garden decorators added white lighting to the large trees that grow throughout the property, giving the "Wedding Place" a whimsical and almost dream-like appearance at night. Even the  cutest places on earth have a bit of a dark side, which brings me to the picture below. After walking around in the dark for about an hour, I stumbled upon this creepy shell of a building behind some of the shops in Cauley Square. It is apparent that the building is being used for storage, but it reminds me of a witch's house from my childhood stories. The Strangler Fig growing on the roof and over the wall just adds to the creepiness, but I really like it and honestly wouldn't mind having this shed behind my house.



1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how many years for the tree to grow over the shed this way. What an incredible sight!

    ReplyDelete