Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wendell


When I was driving to Cauley Square to take the photos posted earlier, I saw a young man on a large tricycle that had been customized with a very large stereo system at a red light in Naranja.  I thought to myself, "I wish I could have gotten a picture of him!" but I quickly put the thought away and finished my journey to Cauley Square.  After I took a few shots at Cauley square I drove towards my home and decided to stop by the Homestead Fall Carnival to take some night shots of the carnival rides.  As I was setting up for my first shot of the carnival's midway and ferris wheel, I noticed something coming down the midway straight for me...it was the kid I had seen hours earlier 20 miles up the road!  I was shocked, amused, and amazed all at the same time.  I stopped him and introduced myself, and asked if he had just come from Naranja.  He (laughing the whole time) told me his name was Wendell and that he had in fact been the young man I had seen earlier that day.  His oversized tricycle was fitted with a speaker box with two more speakers sitting atop the box and a loud speaker on the front of the trike.  He had  a CD player hooked up to his massive sound system and had the controls mounted to his handle bars complete with a chain steering wheel.  He was by far the loudest thing on three wheels, and he made my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment